- RSS Channel Showcase 4387486
- RSS Channel Showcase 6370132
- RSS Channel Showcase 1634898
- RSS Channel Showcase 2896807
Articles on this Page
- 10/12/12--21:13: _Chasing light – aft...
- 01/02/13--08:59: _A Tim Burton full m...
- 04/20/13--11:22: _#iphoneography
- 04/24/13--06:38: _Marbleized shadow (...
- 05/07/13--17:49: _“Criss-cross” (photo)
- 05/29/13--07:02: _Slight chance of su...
- 06/09/13--11:44: _Surf’s up!
- 01/01/14--09:21: _Champagne and Chris...
- 09/02/14--20:17: _Shadow and architec...
- 03/12/15--07:29: _Reflections on “Man...
- 09/25/15--08:10: _Grohmann Statue and...
- 04/09/16--13:54: _Making a Picture
- 06/03/16--11:12: _Panorama of the Pan...
- 08/08/16--11:32: _Bloom Where You’re ...
- 03/03/17--10:47: _Waiting for the Ele...
- 03/20/17--11:35: _Accepted!
- 04/11/18--11:16: _The “Kicker”
- 07/10/18--13:58: _Color and Composition
- 10/12/12--21:13: Chasing light – afternoon sun in the city
- 01/02/13--08:59: A Tim Burton full moon (photo)
- 04/20/13--11:22: #iphoneography
- 04/24/13--06:38: Marbleized shadow (photo)
- 05/07/13--17:49: “Criss-cross” (photo)
- 05/29/13--07:02: Slight chance of sunshine
- 06/09/13--11:44: Surf’s up!
- 01/01/14--09:21: Champagne and Christmas Tree Lights (Photo)
- 09/02/14--20:17: Shadow and architecture, Grohmann Museum
- 03/12/15--07:29: Reflections on “Man at Work”
- 09/25/15--08:10: Grohmann Statue and Shadow
- 04/09/16--13:54: Making a Picture
- 06/03/16--11:12: Panorama of the Panorama!
- 08/08/16--11:32: Bloom Where You’re Planted!
- 03/03/17--10:47: Waiting for the Elevator (And My First-Ever Exhibit Submission)
- 03/20/17--11:35: Accepted!
- 04/11/18--11:16: The “Kicker”
- 07/10/18--13:58: Color and Composition
When I left my office around 5:00 this afternoon, the first thing that caught my eye was this tree’s orange leaves, illuminated by the slanting rays of the sun. The tree fairly glowed in the shadows of downtown Milwaukee office buildings beneath … Continue reading
katherinewikoffOctober afternoon sun - Downtown MilwaukeeAfternoon sun - 2
Doesn’t this gorgeous full moon look like something filmmaker Tim Burton might order up? Actually, this is last month’s full moon (December 2012). I had completely forgotten I’d photographed it until today, when I was working with some other pictures from … Continue reading
katherinewikoffMoon and clouds a la Tim BurtonTim Burton moon - 1
I just discovered a terrific Twitter hashtag: #iphoneography. (There are also parallel hashtags #iphonegraphy and #iphonography.) If you love photography, you’ll enjoy following this “conversation.” You probably already know about it, in fact. I’m usually late to the party. Basically #iphoneography, … Continue reading
katherinewikoff"The Creation of Adam" via Wikipedia
What is this? Maybe this will help. I stopped at the store on my way home from teaching last night and parked under one of those tall, bright lights at the edge of the lot. As I pulled out my grocery … Continue reading
Really liked the intersecting lines and distorted angles of the condensation trail, power lines, and downtown buildings. So I had to take a photo :) Just finished teaching and am ready to call it a day. Happy Tuesday evening!
Foggy morning in Milwaukee. You can barely make out the sun peeking over the corner of the building at center, a circle of light only a shade brighter than the surrounding mist. This is a color photo, by the way. No … Continue reading
katherinewikofffoggy morning sun - May 29, 2013
W A Y U P :)
katherinewikoffSurf's up!WAY up
Taken with my iTouch last night when I noticed how the lights of our tree sparkled through my midnight champagne. Happy 2014!
katherinewikoffChampagne and Christmas Lights
I couldn’t resist snapping this photo with my iPhone just before 5:00 p.m. this afternoon in the Grohmann Museum on the campus of Milwaukee School of Engineering. As I approached the atrium’s spiral staircase on the way from my office … Continue reading
These giant (9-foot) statues line the Grohmann Museum’s rooftop sculpture garden. As I was walking into my building this morning, I saw this reflection in the windows of the office building across the street. When I saw the statues’ silhouettes in … Continue reading
katherinewikoffGrohmann statuesGrohmann Museum rooftop sculpturesGrohmann rooftop sculptures
We had to go outside for a fire drill two days ago at work, and while waiting for the emergency coordinator to come and tell us it was clear to go back into the building, I looked up and noticed … Continue reading
The other day when I posted the “rainbow” light slanting through my office’s Venetian blinds, I mentioned that usually the light coming through is white and casts interesting shadows. Here’s an example of what I mean. I take a lot of … Continue reading
katherinewikoffceiling tile fail 1ceiling tile fail2ceiling tile fail 3ceiling tile fail 4ceiling tile fail 5IMG_1626IMG_1626abstract pattern - ceiling tiles and Venetian blind shadows
I stopped in this morning to see the Grohmann Museum’s new exhibit. Although it opened May 27, I’ve only been in the building since then during hours when the gallery is closed. Last week was finals, and between holing up to grade … Continue reading
katherinewikoffGrohmann Museum entrance atrium at twilightimage"Walker's Point Pan, 1984-87" by Michael Newhallimage"Alley Behind Factory, Chicago, 1983" by Michael Newhallimageimage
My equipment is no fancier than A) my older-model iPhone (a 5c, not even the 5s, which apparently had a better camera) and B) my Kodak Easyshare Z915 Digital Camera, which is no longer supported by the company and which I got on sale … Continue reading
While waiting for the elevator in my building, I decided to check my texts. Apparently the last app I’d used was my camera, because it was still active when I opened things up. The image that flashed onscreen before being replaced … Continue reading
katherinewikoffWaiting for the Elevator"Impermanent Fresco""Grohmann Museum, Steel and Shadow""Autumn Afternoon Light, Twice Reflected""Chihuly Dream""Grohmann Museum, November Rain"
I am SUPER excited to share that two of my photographs have been accepted for inclusion in the 2017 Alumni Exhibition at Wright State University! The exhibition will be presented at the Robert & Elaine Stein Galleries from May 12 through … Continue reading
I couldn’t think of a good title for this post (“Cement and Metal”???) until I circled back to the one detail that had caught my eye in the first place and made this a photo worth snapping. Because I’m teaching … Continue reading
I liked the sudden coalescence of color and composition that caught my eye while I was walking down the hill to Starbucks this morning.